Parenting Safe Children: Live Zoom Workshops
“”Parenting Safe Children workshops give you the information you will need to keep the children in your life safe.
– Marilyn Van Derbur, former Miss America 1957, incest survivor, and motivational speaker.
We invite you to join us at one of our live virtual workshops via Zoom. There are no geographic limits. Anyone anywhere can register and attend, and folks are attending from countries around the world.
Over the course of five lively hours over two weekends, Feather Berkower, PSC founder and nationally acclaimed parent educator and prevention expert, will teach you how to:
- Raise children with healthy boundaries and body pride.
- Talk with your children about body-safety in an age-appropriate way.
- Nurture your children’s healthy sexual development.
- Build homes and communities that are off limits to child sexual assault.
- Ask schools, places of faith, and sports organizations about policies for keeping children safe from sexual assault.
- Gain confidence talking with baby sitters, school personnel, sports and faith leaders, other parents, and even your own family about keeping your children safe from inappropriate touch and online pornography.
- Build your Prevention Team™ of caregivers.
Are you ready? Reserve your spot today!
Live Workshop Schedule and Registration
It’s easy to register online for a Parenting Safe Children workshop!
- Go to the calendar page and choose a date that is convenient for you. Note that some workshops are delivered in two parts on two different dates, so be sure that both dates work for you.
- Click the Buy Tickets button next to the event in order to purchase tickets.
- All payments for Parenting Safe Children workshops are handled securely via the online registration system.
- Once you register, you will receive an email confirmation.
- Lastly, if you don’t find a workshop date that fits your schedule, consider hosting a workshop in your community, or Email Parenting Safe Children and we’ll keep you updated on future workshop dates.
Parenting Safe Children workshops cost $59.00 per person, including materials and a certificate of attendance upon request.
Each individual person present in the workshop is required to purchase a ticket.
For more information, review Frequently Asked Questions, Email Parenting Safe Children, or call 303-931-5782. See below for the Workshop Curriculum and Parenting Safe Children’s Cancellation Policy. Click the Buy Tickets button next to the event in order to purchase tickets.
This workshop is for education and informational purposes only. While I am a licensed clinical social worker, your attendance at this workshop does not constitute the creation of a therapist/client relationship. Should you require professional services, you must enter into a separate agreement in accordance with Colorado law and the Rules and Regulations of the Department of Regulatory Agencies with the mental health professional, Feather Berkower, M.S.W. www.ParentingSafeChildren.com. That agreement would establish the therapist/client relationship.
Parent Workshop Curriculum
1. Parent Education
You will learn what makes children vulnerable to sexual assault:
“Who do adults who sexually harm children target and why?”
“How do adults who sexually harm children “groom” children and adults?”
“What are the warning signs that a child, teen, or adult may be harming a child sexually?”
“What is the difference between age-appropriate sexual behavior and problematic sexual behavior?”
2. Caregiver Screening
You will learn how to invite caregivers onto your Prevention Team™:
“How can you start building a Prevention Team™ so all of your child’s caregivers are working with you to keep your child safe?”
“How might you discuss rules and expectations with other parents before play dates and sleepovers?”
“What questions can you ask when you hire a babysitter or leave your child with family members?”
“What questions might you ask personnel when enrolling your child in a sports program, participating in a faith-based program, or meeting with a tutor?”
“What basic policies ought to be in place to keep schools, places of faith, and youth organizations off limits to sexual assault?”
Sample Lesson: How to inquire about schools’ child sexual assault prevention policies
3. Child Empowerment
You will learn body-safety rules to teach your children:
“What is the role of boundaries and privacy in keeping kids safe?”
“Why is it important to distinguish between secrets and surprises?”
“How do you teach children manners yet also give them permission them to say “no” in a compromising situation?”
“How do you give children choices about showing affection?”
“How can you seize ‘teachable moments’ to reduce vulnerability?
“How can body-safety rules be applied to the Internet?”
“How to talk with children about sexual abuse and pornography.”
In addition, every workshop provides ample Q & A time to address questions or concerns relevant to the group, and no matter what, you will leave with the peace of mind knowing you can do your due diligence to keep your children safe!
Please note that these workshops are for parents, caregivers, and professionals who have or work with children, or anyone who cares about children or has children in their lives. If you represent an educational or youth-serving institution, please click here.
Parenting Safe Children Cancellation Policy (Including No-Show Policy)
Upon registering through our online system, you will receive a confirmation email. If you do not receive an email, check your spam folder. If you still don’t see a confirmation email, please contact us or call 303-931-5782. We must receive your payment to reserve your space in a workshop.
Registration fees for Parenting Safe Children workshops are non-refundable. Parenting Safe Children is unable to credit or refund your registration fee for any reason; moreover, your registration fee cannot be transferred from one workshop date to another workshop date. If you cannot attend the workshop for which you have registered, you are welcome, however, to ask a friend or colleague to take your place in the workshop for which you have registered. In the event that you cannot find a replacement, you forfeit your registration fee.