Consultations for Youth Professionals
All members of an organization are responsible for keeping children safe from sexual abuse.
We work with schools and youth organizations to review current policies or develop new policies on child sexual abuse prevention.
Ask yourself: do you have sound policies in place to keep children in your care safe from sexual abuse?
Do your due diligence. Book a policy audit with Parenting Safe Children, and we will work with you to review your current policies and, if necessary, develop new policies on child sexual assault prevention. We will make sure your policies address how your organization:
- Screens job candidates and staff
- Defines the appropriate and inappropriate touch of children in your care
- Monitors day-to-day interactions between staff and children and between youth
- Recognizes the signs of child sexual abuse
- Recognizes behaviors of concern
- Reports concerning behavior, in accordance with mandated and ethical reporting responsibilities
- Monitors child sexual abuse prevention policies
If you don’t need a comprehensive policy audit or Professional Training Workshop, and instead have questions regarding behaviors of concern – with children or staff – you might want to schedule a professional consultation.
Here are some examples of the kinds of situations program administrators call Parenting Safe Children about:
- Questions about age-appropriate language and sexual play between children
- Concerns that children in your care are engaging in sexual behavior with each other
- Concerned that an older child or teen is behaving inappropriately with a younger child in your care
- Concerns about staff behaving inappropriately with children
- Questions about reporting responsibilities
If you’re dealing with a similar type of situation, book a professional phone consultation today, for only $165/hour. For more information, please email Feather.