Consultations for Parents
Workshops are great, but sometimes, situations call for something different. Perhaps you just want advice on how to handle a single tricky situation.
We understand. Which is why we offer the following consultation services for parents.
Have you ever wondered if the sexual behavior your child is engaging in is normal or problematic?
In today’s world, is exposure to pornography and what to do about it on your mind?
Are you concerned that someone is behaving inappropriately with your child, but you’re not sure what to do?
Do you have questions on how to talk with your child about private parts?
If so, you may want to consider booking a Body Safety Consultation with me.
Body Safety Consultations are not therapy sessions. They are a way for you to get my expert advice on situations involving body-safety and child sexual assault prevention.
Here are common scenarios I’ve talked with parents about:
- You have this sinking feeling in your belly about your new babysitter. Your spouse says you should listen to your intuition, but you’re just not sure what to say or do… because the babysitter is your friend’s daughter.
- Your five- and three-year-old sons play in the tub and the five-year-old likes to touch his little brother’s penis. It makes you feel uncomfortable. You wonder… is this normal?
- You are a sexual assault survivor and are concerned that you’re being too overprotective regarding a situation with your daughter last week.
- There is a child in your child’s preschool who is using sexually explicit language. How do you intervene with the child and the parents?
- Recently, your daughter’s friend has been taking off his pants at your house and talking about private parts. You want to talk with his parents, but are not sure what to say.
Sound familiar? If so, please book a consultation today. I look forward to talking with you.
Feather Berkower, LCSW
PS-Body Safety Consultations cost $135/hour, with a one-hour minimum. Please email me, and I will email you back within 24 hours Monday through Friday with available times. Once we agree on a date, I require receipt of payment before the call. I can either send you a link through which to make a secure online payment, or you can send me a check.
Are you unable to attend a Parenting Safe Children workshop, but don’t want to miss out on learning how to protect your children from child sexual assault?
Or perhaps you’re more comfortable talking one-on-one?
Either way, you can book a Parenting Safe Children Mini-Talk, a one-hour phone consultation where I will empower you to keep your child safe from sexual assault by answering these questions:
- What makes children vulnerable to sexual assault?
- How does an adult sexual offender groom a child?
- What are the warning signs?
- What 10 body-safety rules can you teach your children?
- What is the difference between age-appropriate sexual behavior and problematic sexual behavior?
- How can you reinforce the importance of privacy and boundaries?
- What is a teachable moment and how can you seize upon it?
- How can you discuss roles and expectations with other parents and invite them onto your Prevention Team™?
- What questions can you ask when you hire a babysitter or leave your child with family members?
- What questions might you ask when enrolling your child in a sports program, starting a faith-based program, or meeting with a tutor?
- What basic policies ought to be in place to keep schools, places of faith, and youth organizations off limits to sex offenders?
Just because you can’t make the workshop, doesn’t mean you should miss out on knowing how to keep your kids safe. Book a Mini-Talk today.
Feather Berkower, LCSW
PS-The cost is $125 for the hour. Please email me, and I will email you back within 24 hours Monday through Friday with available times. Once we agree on a date, I require receipt of payment before the consultation. I can either send you a link through which to make a secure online payment, or you can send me a check.