When you need advice . . .
- Body-Safety Consultation for people who want advice regarding a potentially difficult situation.
- Parenting Safe Children Mini-Talk for people who cannot attend my workshop or prefer a private meeting.
Have you ever wondered if your child is engaging in normal sexual behavior? Are you concerned that someone is behaving inappropriately with your child, but you're not sure what to do? Do you have questions on how to talk with your child about private parts, puberty, and sex—in an age-appropriate way?
Body-Safety Consultations are not therapy sessions, but rather opportunities to seek expert advice on matters related to body safety and child sexual abuse prevention. Here are some examples of the kinds of situations parents call me about:
“I have this sinking feeling in my belly about our new babysitter. My spouse says I should listen to my intuition, but I'm just not sure what to say or do. You see, the babysitter is my friend’s daughter."
"My five- and three-year-old sons play in the tub and the five-year-old likes to touch his little brother’s penis. Is this normal? It makes me feel uncomfortable."
"I am a sexual abuse survivor myself and I am concerned that I am being too overprotective. Can I tell you about a situation with our daughter last week?"
"We have a child in our preschool who is using sexually explicit language. How do we intervene with the child and the parents?"
"Recently, our daughter's friend has been taking off her pants at our house and talking about private parts. I want to talk with her parents, but I'm not sure what to say."
The cost is $125/hour with a one-hour minimum. Please Email me with three available times. I will email you back within 24-hours. Once we agree on a date, I require receipt of payment before the consultation. I can either send you a link through which to make a secure online payment, or you can send me a check.
Perhaps you are too busy to attend a Parenting Safe Children workshop, or you are more comfortable talking one-on-one—and you don’t want to miss out on learning valuable prevention skills. During a one-hour phone consultation, I will help empower you to keep your child safe from sexual abuse by answering these questions:
- What makes children vulnerable to sexual abuse?
- How does a sexual offender "groom" a child?
- What are the warning signs?
- What ten body-safety rules can you teach your children?
- How can you reinforce the importance of privacy and boundaries?
- What is a teachable moment and how can you seize upon it?
- How can you discuss rules and expectations with other parents and invite them onto your prevention team?
- What questions can you ask when you hire a babysitter or leave your child with family members?
- What questions might you ask when enrolling your child in a sports program, starting a faith-based program, or meeting with a tutor?
- What basic policies ought to be in place to keep schools, places of faith, and youth organizations off limits to sexual abusers?
The one-hour consultation includes 15-minutes for questions and also several handouts that you can put to immediate use to help keep your home off limits to child sexual abuse.
The cost is $120 for the hour. Please Email me with three available times. I will email you back within 24-hours. Once we agree on a date, I require receipt of payment before the consultation. I can either send you a link through which to make a secure online payment, or you can send me a check.