The Parenting Safe Children Online Workshop – for Parents (outside the Denver Metro Area)
KEEPING KIDS SAFE
Welcome to the Parenting Safe Children Online Workshop where you will learn about keeping children safe from sexual abuse and nurturing their healthy sexual development.
Based on my popular Parenting Safe Children Workshop, the Parenting Safe Children Online Workshop is divided into three sections:
1. Parent Education
You will learn what makes children vulnerable to sexual abuse.
- Who do sexual abusers target and why?
- How do sexual abusers “groom” children?
- What are the warning signs that a child, teen, or adult may be harming a child
- What is the difference between age-appropriate sexual behavior and
problematic sexual behavior?
2. Child Empowerment
You will learn essential body-safety rules to teach your children.
- What is the role of boundaries and privacy in keeping kids safe?
- Why is it important to distinguish between secrets and surprises?
- How do you teach children manners yet also empower them to say “No” in a compromising situation?
- What is the difference between age-appropriate sexual behavior and problematic sexual behavior?
- How do you give children choices about showing affection?
- How can you seize “teachable moments” to reduce vulnerability and teach body
- How can body-safety rules be applied to the Internet?
3. Caregiver Screening
You will learn tools and techniques for inviting caregivers onto prevention team.
- How can you start building a prevention team so all of your child’s caregivers are working with you to keep your child safe?
- How might you discuss rules and expectations with other parents before play dates and sleepovers?
- What questions can you ask when you hire a babysitter or leave your child with family members?
- What questions might you ask when enrolling your child in a sports program, participating in a faith-based program, or meeting with a tutor?
- What basic policies ought to be in place to keep schools, places of faith, and youth organizations off limits to sexual abusers?
For $44.99, you will receive:
- 4-hour program from Parenting Safe Children founder and national child sexual abuse prevention expert, Feather
Berkower, divided into short segments for easy access and retention.
- Transformative videos, reading materials, and activities, available any time, day or night.
- Downloadable materials to support you in applying body-safety concepts in your home and community.
If you live in the Denver Metro Area of Colorado, please see my live workshop schedule. Please register now and here’s to keeping kids safe!